Sunday 7 April 2013

Carmex Review

Carmex is a lip balm to soothe dry and flaky lips. Carmex is easily accessible in the UK. You can purchase it at a local chemists, boots and superdrug. I was recommended to use Carmex and stop using blistex (another lip treatment/balm.) I went through 2 tubes of Carmex and never saw a difference. My lips were the same flaky, dry, sore lips. The Carmex would just sit on my lips and not get absorbed into my lips.
I like that you get alot of product, so you're getting your money's worth and it contains SPF 15. However
the product itself isn't great.
Other lip treatments I have been using instead of Carmex are:
  -Blistex. This lip balm does the job. It's cheap and cheerful. It soothes your dry, sore lips leaving them soft and smoothe.
  - Vaseline. The aloe vera vaseline is the one I'm quite fond of. Aloe vera is good for the skin as it prevents your lips from many problems.
  - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula with vitamin E-Soothes Marks and Scars (Original Solid Formula.) Cocoa butter softens the rough, chapped, dry lips. The solid formula comes in 100g pot/jar, so it can be used for other parts of your body. Definitely worth the money.
I have read and watched other reviews on lip balms. Maybelline Baby Lips and EOS lip balms are quite hyped about. Unfortunatly you can't purchase these in the UK
:( 
Carmex
Blistex
Vaseline Aloe Vera
Cocoa Butter Formula
Maybelline New York Baby Lips
EOS lip balms

1 comment:

  1. Love Maybelline Baby Lips! One of my favourites!

    Hope you'll check out my blog too :)

    xx stephalsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete